An advertising brief is a document
or brief that outlines the key information
of an advertising campaign. It is usually created by the advertiser or their agency and provided to the creative team who will develop the advertising campaign. The advertising brief typically includes the following information:
- Background information: This includes information about the company or brand, the market it operates in, and any relevant industry trends.
- Objectives: This outlines the goals of the advertising campaign, such as increasing brand awareness, driving sales, or promoting a new product or service.
- Target audience: This identifies the demographic or psychographic characteristics of the target audience, including their interests, behaviors, and attitudes.
- Key message: This outlines the key message or value proposition that the advertising campaign will communicate to the target audience.
- Creative requirements: This includes any specific requirements for the advertising creative, such as the format, tone, and style of the advertising.
- Budget and timing: This outlines the budget for the advertising campaign and the timeline for delivery.
Overall, an advertising brief is a critical tool for ensuring that the advertising campaign meets the objectives of the advertiser and resonates with the target audience.